The 86th Academy Awards
Posted on Sunday, March 2, 2014

Ok, I try to not really talk about pop culture in this blog but my love for movies just has to do it. I do it almost every year when I predict who will win vs. who I actually want to win (not that my opinion changes anything). But just for kicks, and if you are a movie enthusiast as well, chime in on these predictions, why don't ya.

I didn't come close to seeing all the Best Picture nominees, but I chose the ones I felt worth spending $11 for (although there seems to be a clear favorite). I saw The Wolf of Wall Street, Her, Dallas Buyers Club, 12 Years A Slave, and now watching Gravity as we speak. Based on all these, here are my daring predictions for tonight:

Who I want to win:

Best Picture: 12 Years A Slave
Best Director: Alfonso Cuaron, Gravity
Best Actor: Leonardo DiCaprio, The Wolf of Wall Street
Best Actress: Sandra Bullock, Gravity
Best Supporting Actor: Jared Leto, Dallas Buyers Club
Best Supporting Actress: Lupita Nyong'o, 12 Years A Slave


Who will win:

Best Picture: 12 Years A Slave
Best Director: Alfonso Cuaron, Gravity
Best Actor: Matthew McConaughey, Dallas Buyers Club
Best Actress: Cate Blanchett, Blue Jasmine
Best Supporting Actor: Jared Leto, Dallas Buyers Club
Best Supporting Actress: Lupita Nyong'o, 12 Years A Slave

I've changed it so many times, my goodness! This may be the tightest race I've ever seen. But I am ready! I have my sweats on, my TV set to tune at 5:30, and my soup is cooking pretty soon. It will be a cold, comfortable night for me, watching the Oscars, of course! I reckon it is pretty cold everywhere so stay safe, cuddle up, and have a good night!

Labels:






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




About Me


Follow Me


Archive


Info

Second Serve is a blog published by Miss K, established January 2013. Blog hosted by Blogger. Everything on this site is copyrighted to the author unless stated otherwise.

Subscribe to Second Serve


Creative Commons License