Work-life-work again balance
Posted on Thursday, February 14, 2013

My friend told me I'm very inconsistent with this blog. Scratch that, I almost forgot I had one! Not that I don't want to write anymore (again), I just can't muster the time to type up an entry that's worth reading. Hmm.. Case and point, this very blog that is subtlety turning into a diary. Ha, my bad. I digress. Let me segue to my real topic.

So I like to call myself a young professional. A title which entails a shoulder heavy of responsibilities for such a young age or early into their career. I love it! I enjoy it when I'm in it! Needless to say, I've never been more stressed in my life. It's all I think about. It's all I want to do. It's all I I obsess with. Not a good sign, y'all.

I've been taking stress home, worse than when I used to teach preschoolers. I would usually come home to a cooked meal by the man I love, and even that, I overlook. I barely see my family, and I rarely spend time with friends anymore. I'm slowly but surely drowning myself with this obsession to be the best at what I do that I'm becoming the worst in everything else.

So my step one was to confess in church. How awkward that confession these days no longer take place in a cubicle where you can't see the presider. Well on this one, modern day I suppose, priest and I were face to face. As awkward at it was, I had no choice but to confess---which was the intent. Priest told me to stop pushing my people away, specially the supportive and very patient boyfriend. Funny thing is, my friend told me earlier in the day that I need to do exactly the same. Uhh, when all along I thought I was being a great womanfriend!

Maybe not...because I remember him comparing me to Taraji P. Henson's character from "Think Like A Man." I refuse to be her. She was heartless! I thought I was more of a Megan Good! But things gotta change because I'm not going to lose a great guy over a great career---although that's debatable. Alright, alright, I'm just kidding. I will try to balance both. I guess asking to take off for Valentine's Day was a nice start. But man, the loads of work I will come back to...oops! Sorry. *breathe* BALANCE.

Labels:






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




About Me


Follow Me


Archive


Info

Second Serve is a blog published by Miss K, established January 2013. Blog hosted by Blogger. Everything on this site is copyrighted to the author unless stated otherwise.

Subscribe to Second Serve


Creative Commons License